This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, February 19, 2009

BOOK GIVEAWAY...and mice update...and stuff


You still have about 24 hours to enter the book giveaway.

Christian fiction. Suspense thriller. Legalese thrown in. Some nice romance.

Check it out. Leave me a comment on the review post if you want to be entered.

Oh...and the mice...arent' swimming in the dog's water bowl anymore. They've quieted down.

Mostly.

I am not jumping and screaming (go ahead--laugh at me) as much when the toast pops up from the toaster.

And my husband was amazed I would blog about mice. After 16 1/2 years you'd think he would know me better.

But he did come to my rescue when I fell down the stairs this morning. With a full cup of coffee in hand. That I was bringing to him. And the old cat's food dish in the other hand.

Eau de Café au lait. My new perfume and also the color of my walls.

I'm not making this up, people.

Register to win the book when you're done snickering.

15 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you can still laugh about it. Hope the rest of the day is a better one for you.

Barbara H. said...

I'm glad you can look on these things with humor! It often takes me a while to get to that point. :-)

Barbara H. said...

I just saw this and thought of your mouse situation. :-)

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/02/19/funny-pictures-bed-and/

luvmy4sons said...

LOL! You COULDN'T make this up...too funny!

gemma said...

Yikes Julie....a full cup of coffee? I hate when that happens....hope you didn't hurt yourself. And by the way...that was a full blown SNORT Guffaw type laugh..not a snicker. I think what got me was the old cat's food dish. Why were you bringing that to your husband?

gemma said...

PS.. I am not registering for the book since today was devoted to emptying bookshelves, packing and sorting books and unloading 2 gimongous cartons of paper backs at the Public Library for their sale day. Now I suppose I will have to go to that sale and ... no! no! NO MORE BOOKS. well not for a while.

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I don't see anything surprising blogging about mice! :)

Judy said...

I love a good read and would love to win this book. ~ snicker, snicker ~

Carrie said...

I'm not snickering. I hope that you weren't hurt.

Esther said...

Julie, did you see this article? It reminded me of your plight.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090220/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mice_in_court

Renee said...

Sorry to hear about your fall (but I admit I was laughing about the Eau de Café au lait comment). Hope you're okay!

annie said...

I hope you were alright after your fall!

Jill said...

Hope you were not hurt falling down the stairs. I'm glad the mice are on the way out. We had a problem with them a few years ago and I jumped at every little noise. Didn't help that my son had a plastic mouse he hid in my bed, my cupboards, my shoes ... you get the idea. Darn kids!!

lilly said...

You are too funny! Eau de Cafe au lait?! That's clever. My desk at an old job used to be like that too, just never thought to name it your way.

Winging It said...

Oh my gracious, Julie! Hysterical! Seriously, all kidding aside, are you sore from this fall? Hope all is well there! If I remember right, you like painting, right?

Ok, I have to confess, when I was reading this post, my eyes tricked me on this phrase: "Some nice romance" I THOUGHT it said MICE ROMANCE at first! My eyes did a double take! I had to chuckle!