This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grains of Gratitude

grains of gratitudeBetter late, than never.

Oh, I know it’s Tuesday. But I am still grateful for:

Spending time with family over the weekend. Celebrating a happy birthday of a handsome young man.

Safe travel to and from, accompanied by my youngest son.

A safe and pleasant weekend for my oldest son and my husband who stayed home due to rehearsal requirements.

Two brothers who missed each other tremendously over the weekend. They called and talked to each other while we were away and even when we were in the car driving home. (How did we manage before cell phones??) They were so happy to see each other that they didn’t argue for at least ten, maybe fifteen minutes after we arrived!!!

I’m glad to hear that I was missed, too. The guys were perfectly capable of surviving without me, they said they missed me—my presence. Why? I have no clue, but I’m sure grateful for their love.

For a busy week ahead.

The Grains of Gratitude meme began with Christine at Brady’s Bunch.

What are you grateful for?

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you had a safe trip and also that you have such a nice list of things to be thankful for. It is always good to count our blessings! I am thankful for the sunshine we are having today. It is such a welcome sight.

luvmy4sons said...

Glad you had a great trip. Isn't it wonderful to see our children showing love for one another. Just htink that is how God feels about each of us! I think I know why they missed you! LOL!

lilly said...

I love the meme anf I think that I will do it for the Lent period, it just seems like another step towards better spirituality.
I have issues with being grateful and maybe if I make myself write it down it'll change.
On a side note: I decided to give up coffee and sweets for the entire Lent. It's gonna be tough but I'll make it.

RAnn said...

I have a Lenten reading meme going, please join us
http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2009/02/lenten-reading-please-join-in.html