This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Daybook

a simple woman's daybookFOR TODAY ...FEBRUARY 2, 2009...

Outside my window...is the sharp blue sky, cold breezes, morning sun with long shadows.

I am thinking...there is not enough time to do everything.

I am thankful for...the LORD's mercies...they are new every morning, Lamentations 3:22-24

From the learning rooms...Algebra with Roo. Always a good chance for me to stretch and flex my memory. He is reading Around the World in Eighty Days. Boo and I are reading Misty of Chincoteague together. It was one of my favorite books growing up.

From the kitchen...left-over lasagna for lunch, both traditional and white/spinach lasagna, baking chocolate chip banana muffins, something with chicken for supper.

I am wearing...blue pants, blue t-shirt with (of all things) a black and white striped (horizontal of course) cotton sweater with a big hole in the shoulder--classy, I'm just sayin'. But comfortable.

I am creating...hopeful to return to crocheting and cross-stitching this week.

I am going...maybe for a short walk this afternoon. I am NOT going to ballet or religion class tonight, because Boo is germy. Heavy sigh...

I am reading..."...And Ladies of the Club" by Helen Hooven Santemeyer.

I am hoping...February will come in like a lamb and go out like a lamb.

I am hearing...the tick of the clock, the hum of the computer, faint highway noises.

Around the house...I found the kitchen yesterday (again) and hoping to find the floor of my bedroom today.

One of my favorite things...Bengal Spice Tea--YUM!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:taking down the tree and other Christmas decorations (today is the Feast of the Presentation of the LORD/Candlemas--the end of Christmas for me), follow-up with the doctor, working in the garage? if the weather allows.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Boo at the Zoo
Summer 2008

Happy Groundhog's Day!
Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook to find more daybookers.

7 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I am impressed with your attitude about Algebra. Maybe attitude is half of my problem! Blessings to you today!

Jen said...

I love the picture. My son loved the book Around the world in 80 days. I've started crocheting again also. Hopefully I'll finish my son's afghan soon.

Kristyn said...

You have a lovely blog, Julie! Thank you for stopping by the Hall Cottage!
I love the Bengal Spice Tea, too. All of CS's exotic teas are great.
Have a wonderful week!
Kristyn

Tracy said...

Hi Julie, enjoyed reading your Daybook. Thanks for visiting mine! :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the day book style and enjoy reading them. Hope your day is a great one. 'On Ya'-ma

Winging It said...

You are one busy woman! Am I invited to lunch? Sounds delish!

Sorry about the germies! Glad you might be feeling good enough to do the crocheting or crossstich, that sounds like improvement?

Jill said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. It sounds like you are a very busy woman. Hope you have a great week!