This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, April 24, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday--April 24

1. Always late to the party, this is my first time joining 7 Quick Takes. It sounds like a good wrap up for the week. For someone not familiar with 7 Quick Takes--Jen at Conversion Diary hosts it every Friday. It is simply seven small random pieces to share. Not necessary to have anything to connect them. I'm pretty random. It fits well.

Jen's blog is one of my favorite reads. She talks about her journey as an atheist to finding God and her life since her conversion. Go. Read it. It is better than anything you find here.

But I'll still be here blogging if you want to come back.

2. My husband is on the road. On his birthday. I woke the boys up early to call him. He told them he loved them and go back to sleep. They had no problem with that. Thankfully this is a short trip and he will be home soon. Don't like the travel, but really am grateful for the job.

3. Four weeks left of school and ballet. I am so thrilled. This is the first year that we will take a large break from schooling. We've always done year round school. But the boys are doing summer intensives for 4 weeks for Boo and 5 weeks for Roo and at six to seven hours a day of that I could not add school. We are taking a two week break before. I think Mommy needs it as much as they do.

4. Trying out Twitter and Facebook. Anyone want to be my friend??? Actually, I've been pleased to find several of my friends from my hometown there.

I'm trying to figure it all out. It is different than blogging and different than forums. Facebook is a little easier for me to "get." Twitter is aptly named and it just seems very random. It's been easier than blogging lately though--don't know why for sure.

5. I turned on the AIRCONDITIONER today! What is up with that? It looks like next week will be cooler. We have limited windows and get no cross-breeze. I am going to open the windows tonight. I love fresh air.

6. Has anyone else ever groaned and complained about helping someone, only to find themselves being blessed more in the bargain? Lots of that around here. I am really getting a big dose of humility.

7. Researching thyroid and diabetes does anyone have any good tips/links/books they can share. My cake is iced with peri-menopause, so you could toss in a prayer or two for my family.


Hosted by Jen at Conversion Diary
lots of other participants to check out!

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I am on Facebook...look me up. I will be your friend!

Nancy said...

Oh boy...I'm totally with you on the hormonal stuff. Best advise I can give....put on your seatbelt and get ready for the ride.

Carrie said...

I just sent you an email about Facebook. I'll be your friend!

Buttercup said...

I've been doing Facebook for a few years and it's been great keeping up with relatives and friends who live out of town, especially looking at photos. Started Twitter a little while ago and it's not great. It's not bad, but I'm not sure my life is that interesting for round the clock comments. I'm happy for any new friends.

heidi @ ggip said...

I am not on Facebook or twitter.

Aww, I have always thought it should be a rule that people should not have to work on their birthdays.

And we have our a/c on too. Tomorrow it will got off. :-)