This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grains of Gratitude

I've fallen behind on my "Grains" posting, but not on my gratitude.

School's out!! I am so grateful that we accomplished so much this year. The boys put in a lot of hard work and have exhibited mastery on many subjects. I'm so impressed. God has had His hand on the whole year. I could never have made it come together without His mercy and grace.

The boys finished the ballet school year also. They participated in a wonderful spring performance. Each performed with their respective classes. Boo's class had a polka incorporated into their piece. Roo's class had a tango woven in. I was so tickled to watch both of the boys and their partners are just lovely. They also got to be in a piece for the boys of the school. I was impressed not just with their dancing, but also their acting skills too. Their sweet friend Ms. R, from church came one night and brought them flowers. So grateful for someone who thinks my boys are as special as I do.

We were almost completely packed and the day after the last show jumped in the car for some time in Iowa. I am grateful for safe travel and the opportunity to spend time with my dad, my sister and her children.

I am grateful for my understanding husband who knows how important this was to me and makes it possible for me to travel. I miss him so much. We aren't the best communicators on the telephone and we are used to being together so much of the time. I feel like I'm missing part of me. Maybe my heart...

Having a sibling is a blessing for sure. I don't know that I would want to navigate the aging process alone. My sister is a good balance for me. We are able to sound out a lot of issues with each other.

Lovely weather, even with thunder and mini squalls, the weather has been gorgeous here. God's creativity has been apparent in every moment.

Good blogging friends have blessed me. I've felt your prayers.

I found Grains of Gratitude at Brady's Bunch over two years ago!! Thanks Christine for starting it.

8 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

So many things always to be grateful for in any cirucmstance. As always blessed by your grateful heart. Praying God sustain you and bless you!

Carrie said...

Bless you for seeing the good and the blessing in things. Yay for your sister. I'd love to see your boys perform. They are so talented.

SQUELLY said...

Thanks for this Julie - it just makes things seem so much brighter when you start considering all the things to be thankful for.

Congrats on a great school year! Hope you and the boys enjoy a little break!

lilly said...

Your kids are so lucky to have school out so soon. My daughter unfortunately has to wait another month :(. And I wish the weather were a little warmer already, I don't function very well in temperatures below 75.
But, I'm complaining too much :).
Thank you for your nice words on my post about the profile and mood swings, I really appreciate them.

Renee said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Liza's Eyeview said...

Praying for you as I read your post. It's a blessing to read your post of gratitude. I am lifting up in prayers your concerns and rejoicing with you on the happy moments.

Liza's Eyeview said...

Praying for you as I read your post. It's a blessing to read your post of gratitude. I am lifting up in prayers your concerns and rejoicing with you on the happy moments.

Kim said...

Praying for you Julie!
*hugs*
Kim