This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finding Joy

Tuesday I closed my post, "Trying to count it all joy," which is not very like me.

I am in the middle of things. I am getting ready to help a family member make a large move, leaving my husband and boys behind. My boys and I have never been apart for more than a few days. Then I am going to take the boys across country and leave my husband for one of the longest stretches that we've ever been apart. My son and I are learning to deal with his asthma. I am trying to put the house in order for my two absences.

Truly I wasn't finding the joy in much.

Last Christmas I could not find my favorite ornaments. Not fancy expensive ornaments--just little cross-stitched ornaments that said, "JOY." These ornaments are the reason I named my blog "Joyful Days." I looked and looked and could not find them. I talk about them in the second post I ever wrote.

I missed my little ornaments last year.

Yesterday I was cleaning a closet and in a bag of dinosaur bones--okay wooden and plastic dinosaur bones (we homeschool...what can I say?) I found my ornaments.



I told you they weren't very fancy.

But they were just the little nudge from God that I needed to remember the joy.

He moves in mysterious ways.

Counting it all joy again,

Julie

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is hard to count the JOY in our lives sometimes, but reminders like the one you got put things back in perspective.

luvmy4sons said...

Aaawh! I love when God does that. Big hug!

Renee said...

I love the joy ornaments!

gemma said...

Thanks for that Julie. We all need those nudges and it's so great when you realize that God is there to give them to us. Joy to you and Joy to the world as they say.

Buttercup said...

Miss hearing from you! Hope all is well.

Joyful Days said...

Thank you, Dear Buttercup. Hopefully I will be posting again, soon.

Winging It said...

Oh, My Goodness! He does the coolest little personal and intricate things to speak to us! I so love this! And it's the severaleth (I am now choosing to make up that word ;P)time I have read of this the last couple of days!

Wondered where you have been...am late in joining the fray, but am praying for you and will as I mop and clean toilets tonight! :)

Btw, I now think of you when I think of the word joy, which is quite often!

Hugs and prayers and chocolate thoughts to you my friend
Maria