This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, September 27, 2010

Daybook...September 27, 2010

FOR TODAY ...May , 2009...

Outside my window...it's 45 degrees and fair. Looks like a lovely day.

I am thinking..."Where did this year go???"

I am thankful for...my husband and the nearly eighteen years we have been married.

From the learning rooms...trying for a routine this week. We've had so many doctor's and dentist and other appointments lately. I want to have a routine!!

From the kitchen...it depends on my wonderful husband who has taken over a lot of the cooking at night since I am gone so much this (ballet school) year. His options are grilled fish or "Daddy's chicken fingers."

I am wearing...comfortable layers that can quickly be removed or added back depending on the state of my hot flashes.

I am creating...in progress, on needles: three scarves, three afghans, one shawl and hopefully some hair bows and some jewelry if I can see my way clear to my workspace.

I am going...to PSR with son #2 and ballet with son #1.

I am reading...I just finished The Godmother by Carrie Adams. I was looking for something light and quick. Quick it was, definitely British (which I love) but not the fast and funny chick lit I had imagined by the cover art or the synopsis on the back. A bit edgy and sad, with a moral to the story (but questionable character morals--so if you would be offended, avoid reading). Truly a book that pulled me in and demanded to be finished immediately.

I am hoping...I really don't have a cold.

I am hearing...the computer, the clock and some cars off the highway.

Around the house...trying to find: the floor, my bed, a plan that works, a clone to do the boring stuff.

One of my favorite things...walking with my husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week:box up homeschool work and records that can be filed. Organize some things that can be sold.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This was the house I spent five weeks in during the summer. With nineteen kids. With NO INTERNET working on MY computer--everyone else's computer worked! I really had no business on the internet, anyway. That turned out to be a blessing.


Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook to find more daybookers.

8 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Bless you for spending 5 weeks with 19 kids. That sounds like a story in itself. I love your day book entry. It is one of my favorite ways to do a post too. I would be lost without the internet for that long though. I hope your fall is full of many blessings. Happy Monday!

gemma said...

5 weeks, 19 kids -- 19! Yikes. 19! Wow..just..wow. Your house must seem empty compared to that.

Renee said...

Ah, Julie...it's so good to read your post! You're house sounds like mine - LOL. Congrats on the 18years of marriage!

Have a wonderful week,
Renee'

Barbara H. said...

I like the things you are trying to find. :-)

Buttercup said...

So nice to see you posting. Wishes for a bright and blessed autumn.

luvmy4sons said...

So glad to see you posted something when I stopped by. I miss my bloggy friends daily visits at my place. God still has not opened the door for that to resume. I know you were blessed AND a great blessing for those 19 weeks! Hugs to you!

Renee said...

Stopping by to wish y'all a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Renee said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family ~ Happy New Year too!