This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, February 27, 2012

Daybook...Monday, February 27


FOR TODAY ...February 27 , 2012

Outside my window...Sunshine! Many birds singing. We have had a very "quiet" winter. And I am not complaining!

I am thinking...about GERD and its relation to childhood asthma. I will be talking about this and some other health issues in the near future.

I am thankful for...my life. I could not walk in another's shoes. God knows what we can and cannot go through.

From the learning rooms...already the planning for next year is on my mind. The boys will have a "normal" day.

From the kitchen...trying to think of things that my youngest can eat that will not set off his reflux and still be tempting. Many of the old stand-bys are temporarily off the table--literally.

I am wearing..."the uniform"--t-shirt and capris, with a blanket and a sweater. Who knows when I will be too warm or too cold?? Not me.

I am creating...hopefully room to create. I have a shawl I am dragging with me everywhere to knit on, but not accomplishing much.

I am going...to water aerobics tonight. It has helped mentally and physically.

I am reading...That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis. I have really been glad that I finally read the trilogy.

I am hoping...for health for my family.

I am hearing...quiet, good "house" noises.

Around the house...still trying to finish putting things back after a huge re-arrange in the kitchen. It is a puzzle.

One of my favorite things...the baby blanket that is on my lap. It is from when my oldest was born. I still use it as a light throw. Good memories and just the right texture.

A few plans for the rest of the week: create space.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...




We are just beginning on this Lenten path that will lead us to the foot of the Cross. This year possibly more than in previous years, I feel called to heed the words of Isaiah 45:22; to "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." I pray that the changes will be easy for others to see in my life. Much heart-cleaning to be done.





 Have a joyful week!!


Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook to find more daybookers.

2 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved seeing your daybook post today. I thought it was to be sunny here today but so far that has not materialized. I did hear robins singing outside yesterday and that was indeed music to my ears. I hope your Monday is a wonderful one!

Renee said...

Enjoyed your post! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.