This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, March 21, 2014

Re-Entry

How many days does it take you to recover when you get home from a trip?

Trips (both fun and otherwise) exhaust me. It takes at least two or three days to get ready. I like to come home to a relatively clean house. I like to have the only laundry in the pile be what I am bringing back. I like to not see forgotten dishes in the sink.

And then I've come to the conclusion that for every day I've been gone it takes me at least one, and maybe two, to "recover." What I want to do when I come home is flop in my chair and veg for a bit. What I need to do is all the things that got left undone while I was gone.

Since I left the three boys...my dear husband kept the kitchen in good shape. But they still wore clothes (I am grateful for that) so the laundry was waiting. The boys spend a lot of time in their room, so the general public area was still pretty nice. And we needed a few odds and ends that I forgot to pick up before I left.

Yesterday involved shopping with a good friend for fifty yards of tulle (yes fifty) and some other sundry items. Shopping at the great "Stuff Mart" that I try to avoid. Resuming the chef's toque...okay cook's hat. I do realize I'm no chef. Putting back on my teaching tiara. Wrapping round my metaphorical laundress's apron. And sitting down to do the paperwork that is involved with being my eldest's secretary and personal assistant.

Not as much Pintrest time as I would have liked...just saying...

Today involves my chauffeur's cap, and continuing paperwork. Meatless menus. Long list-making. And fifty yards of tulle.

So I better get in gear...

Counting it all joy,

Julie

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

i agree, as nice as trips are, it does take a bit of recovery time when you get back home. Getting back into the swing of things takes a little time. Glad to hear that you are safely home again.