This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

Posting has been and will be limited for a few days. Traveling. Left the three "boys" at home: the big one, the bigger one and the old one. They seem to think it's party time with me gone. Pondering how that makes me feel.

Today is St. Patrick's day. A saint's day turned Hallmark holiday and excuse for bad behavior in the United States.

The verse I am pondering on is from today's Terce reading:

 Lord, you are merciful to all, because you can do all things and overlook men’s sins so that they can repent. Yes, you love all that exists, you hold in abhorrence nothing of what you have made. Wisdom 11:23-24 

Hope you have a lovely day and find a blessing!



1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love all the Irish blessings. They are so filled with hope. Hope your travels are good ones.