

A fun little card that I wish I had thought up the idea for. For the moment I can’t tell you who did, either because the book is back at the library. I will add the info when I find out again.
Edited to add: The inspiration for this card came for the book Stamped and Beaded Cards.
Of course I couldn’t just follow directions and do it their way. I added dry and heat embossing (the dry embossing was using Fiskar’s texture plates) and some patterned paper with the “Just dropping you a line” that looks like a fish hook and fishing line.
The fun part of course was the window. The liquid is in a tiny jewelry baggie filled with hand sanitizer and some glitter, although I know the book suggested hair gel. The problem with that was the only hair gel in the house was yellow and well, umm...no, I just couldn’t do that. I will just leave that thought alone.
A word of caution, use whatever liquid you put in there sparingly because it expands when warm. If there are air bubbles, which there should be a few in there for effect, they will expand also. I know being a homeschool mom and all I should be able to report the scientific reason why. I promise we will get to that experiment soon. I will report on it when we get it done, really. Tiny seed beads can be used instead or in addition to the glitter and I am going to see what liquid soap looks like in the window.
Leave me a comment for more specific instructions.
Edited to add: The inspiration for this card came for the book Stamped and Beaded Cards.
Of course I couldn’t just follow directions and do it their way. I added dry and heat embossing (the dry embossing was using Fiskar’s texture plates) and some patterned paper with the “Just dropping you a line” that looks like a fish hook and fishing line.
The fun part of course was the window. The liquid is in a tiny jewelry baggie filled with hand sanitizer and some glitter, although I know the book suggested hair gel. The problem with that was the only hair gel in the house was yellow and well, umm...no, I just couldn’t do that. I will just leave that thought alone.
A word of caution, use whatever liquid you put in there sparingly because it expands when warm. If there are air bubbles, which there should be a few in there for effect, they will expand also. I know being a homeschool mom and all I should be able to report the scientific reason why. I promise we will get to that experiment soon. I will report on it when we get it done, really. Tiny seed beads can be used instead or in addition to the glitter and I am going to see what liquid soap looks like in the window.
Leave me a comment for more specific instructions.
No comments:
Post a Comment