This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, January 15, 2007

On Thick Ice

Dear Ms. Hummer Driver,

I don’t care that you think you own the road. It matters not to me that you are assured you can climb a mountain in that vehicle. The back of my car belongs to me and I did not invite you to sit in the backseat. For future reference, I do not drive 70mph in a zone posted for 35mph. Never. Ever. Especially when it is icy. Yes, yes, I remember you have a Hummer. I don’t. I don’t care that you do. You cannot make me go faster by nudging me along.

And by the way—the Hawaiian good luck sign doesn’t make me go faster or feel worse.

Have a lovely day.

~Me~

P.S. I say prayers that people like you don’t hurt people. Yes, I know you are safe because you have a Hummer. I was praying for the other people out there.




For thought: Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

No comments: