This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Background Check

Just in case you wonder what my qualifications are:

At the beginning:
Grocery clerk (Dad was the manager—and that made it harder)
Dishwasher (no place to go but up)
ID checker, college cafeteria (one way to meet people)
Dormitory receptionist (another way to meet people and know lots of gossip)
Payroll assistant
Campus DJ

After gaining a BA in Advertising and Public Relations:
Department store clerk—costume jewelry department
Quick Trip assistant manager—lasted all of two weeks
Retail store manager—luggage and gifts
Retail assistant manager—jeans and assorted clothing
Customer assistant for an expedited shipping company
Riding instructor and barn worker for a 50 horse barn (low pay, extreme temperatures, difficult charges, high rate of injury—my dream job as a little girl, realized at 29 <sigh>)
Optometric assistant
Nurses’ aide (I really gained a heart for seniors there)
Ophthalmology assistant—more than once (this was a really good occupation—ophthalmology is interesting and the outcomes are usually positive)
Did anyone see advertising used?

In the middle of Mommy (all of these were over-night jobs):
Office assistant for a trucking company
Resident Night Counselor for Mental Retarded Adults (one of my most favorite jobs—I loved these people)
Night Supervisor for abused and mentally ill children (a job where I felt I could make a difference, I don’t know if I can say I loved it but it changed me forever.)
Night Operator—doctors’ answering service—boy was this an eye opener and educational
Personal Care Attendant—seniors (I got really attached my clients here and it could be very emotional)

For the last almost two years I have been blessed to stay home and devote my attention to my guys as MOOOOOoooooooooooommeeeeeeeeee!!!!, chief administer of hugs, teacher, arbitrator, dietician and chef, laundress, housekeeper (not so hot at this one), pet tender, chauffeur, listener of all wild imaginations.

Praying this can continue for years to come.

Before I was a Mom I didn’t know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn’t know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn’t understand the bond between a Mother and her child. I didn’t know that something so small could make me feel so important. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the heartache, the wonderment, or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn’t know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom. –Unknown

No comments: