This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, January 19, 2007

When Even the Hot Flashes Don't Keep You Warm

There is nothing that shuts off my “mommy instincts” faster than the flu. My usual overprotective meddling self jumps ship and the me I remember BC (that would be before children) kicks in and all my body wants to do is hibernate in a dark room with covers over my head.

About halfway through Boo’s schoolwork yesterday it hit me and it hit hard.

Thankfully I have two great boys who are learning some degree of self-sufficiency, so I can compromise on my ugly pink recliner under a pile of blankets and they can check in and update me with the latest Jedi conquest, Transformer mutations and Bionicle mumbo-jumbo. Roo, after accomplishing much of his school work independently, spread out a role playing LOTR game on the floor and kept track of the alarm I set so I don’t really find my way to total la la land.

Amazingly it passed through quickly and I was functional again in the afternoon. Kind of achey and tired, but functional…

Just in time for Darling Cave Geek to alert me that he is unemployed…

Well that came out of the blue.

Strangely, there is a calm in my heart at the moment. I have felt we were in for some changes and Darling always tells me I am "weird" about my “feelings” so I am trying to wait and see what God has prepared for us…

As I started my Bible reading today I almost gasped to find this was part of it:

Psalm 23

The LORD, the Psalmist's Shepherd.

A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Because you say it LORD, I will believe it.

Waiting…

No comments: