To accept this award, I need to: 1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. 2) Share "ten honest things" about myself. 3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. 4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it :)
So my ten scraps of honesty?
1. Honesty is always the best policy. But I am trying to teach the boys that being honest does not mean you have to tell everything that you know. Like...you can say that your mom doesn't like mornings, but not tell someone that I look very scary when I wake up...or worse. Not that my lovely, adorable sons would ever share anything embarrassing about me.
2. Honestly? I start way to many things and then have a horrible time finishing them.
4. I am not a domestic goddess. I do not like housekeeping, I do it under duress and fear of the grossness that happens without cleaning. Company is always a great motivator, but I don't invite people over often enough.
5. Seriously? I am a wonderful procrastinator. Scarlett O'Hara has nothing on me. "After all, tomorrow is another day."
6. I am actually a very private person--hence the blog...makes perfect sense. I was trying to explain to someone how you can be a private person and still have a public blog. She doesn't get it. I have hermit tendencies to the point of annoying my friends,
7. Honestly, I am very frustrated with my endocrine system. The human body is an amazing thing, but mine is just a bit off balance. And it keeps swinging to and fro and getting my meds sorted out is annoying. Oh well...I can live with it and I'm happy for my little "thorn," knowing full well it could be much worse.
8. No kidding, I am an avid napper. Lately I have not been able to practice as much as I would like to.
9. For real, I am eclectic (possibly a bit eccentric) in almost everything. Randomly odd, that is me.
10. And finally, I am a grateful Christian, although I wonder at my witness most days.
Who am I asking to be honest? Well...
1. Leslie--she's always good at being transparent.
2. Renee--I can't imagine her telling a lie.
3. Pastor Al--if he'll play--he's about as honest as George Washington!
4. Michelle--you have to be honest as a mom of young'uns!
5. Sheryl--she's always real.
6. gemma--not afraid to say what she thinks.
7. Buttercup--honestly counting those blessings!
So now, honestly, I am going to get busy visiting blogs. Give me a few days to catch up! But I look forward to visiting. I'll bring some tea.
Be honest if you want to!! Tell us some deep, dark secrets and let me know!