This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

Grains of Gratitude seemed like a most appropriate way to close Easter Sunday. The world somehow seems new again after the weight of last week.

I am first, foremost and always grateful for our Savior. For the Son of the Living God who was crushed and humbled, who died and overcame death. Alleluia!! He is risen! He is risen indeed!!

Emotions were very high this week and culminated in a most blessed Easter Vigil service where my children celebrated Baptism, Confirmation and participated in the Eucharist. It was beyond words awesome. And the church almost caught on fire. Well…not quite, but there were some exciting moments. And the Red Sea was parted… ummmmm…the detritus water and fire pot cleaned away and the music began. I am so thankful for those who share their talents and help us worship the LORD in Scripture and in song.

And my husband is very nice to me. Even when I am the least deserving of wives. Have I mentioned this good man before? I am blessed.

My aunt and uncle traveled a fair distance to come and be godparents for my children. They took a few detours, but made it. I am so grateful. My children got to show off for a very appreciative audience. They were WOUND UP about the whole experience.

My sons were nervous and fidgeting and wiggling and WOUND UP, did I mention WOUND UP? But I was so grateful for the reverence that they displayed, the sheer joy for the Sacrements they received. They were so, so handsome and sweet. I am a blessed mommy.

Our pastor, Father J, is such a gift and I am grateful to him and the whole staff who blessed us these last few weeks.

But again…It is our Savior who gave us the free gift of salvation, that we need to focus on. This has truly been the best Easter of my life.
Glory to God!

Grains of Gratitude is home at the wonderful home of Christine at Brady’s Bunch. I am thankful for her great idea!

I missed you all.

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

So glad it was a nice Easter for you. I laughed aloud at the WOUND UP! I SO understand that!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a beautiful day! What a special day for your family! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Coach J said...

Wound up children! And they got more chocolate this past weekend....
I'm so glad your Easter was wonderful. He is risen, indeed! Amen!

Renee' said...

Glad it was a nice Easter for you all! We missed you too!

freetofly said...

Julie, I love reading this account of your family making a transition in your faith. Making a stand, a committment. I know these things come at a price, not easy to pay. But sooo worth it! How significant that it occurred at Easter weekend! May the Resurrection power ever live brightly in your family!

In Christ,
Maria