This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

We survived another week “on the go.” But just barely, I’m thinking. The boys and I were about falling over on Friday when we arrived home. But it was a good week, better than last week. I am soooooooooo grateful.

Mr. Boo’s attitude was much improved and his schoolwork showed it. He found out the library we are visiting has comic books available for checkout and this was a great motivator—I don’t encourage buying comic books (they can be read too quickly) so this was a grand opportunity. We spent a couple afternoons walking the zoo (with much quieter patrons surrounding us) and spent one afternoon with friends. Grateful, grateful for a good week for Boo and me.

Roo had a great week, some new teachers in with the old and a hip hop class (Hip hop?? Is that crazy or what?). It was tasteful hip hop. And apparently it was fun. Roo has had a dose of confidence, although he is still a little nervous in the mornings. (I totally get what he is feeling because it has plagued me my entire life, so I am not too quick to try to push too hard.) We were able to get a pre-paid cell phone for him and that made me feel better about the days I didn’t see him for seven hours straight. I am grateful for cell phones. How did we ever manage without them?

I am grateful my husband has a good job, I am grateful my husband has a good job, I am grateful my husband has a good job—yes he is on the road again traveling. I will chant this mantra until he comes home. This, for some reason was a particularly hard parting for me. I guess I should add I am grateful that I’ve got a guy that I really miss when he is gone—means he’s wonderful to have around.

We had coffee on the patio before he left this morning and we talked about our life and some opportunities that seem to be presenting themselves. There appears to be an situation that we would have been thrilled about less than six months ago. Now we are seriously considering not following the lead, at least not seriously. We are still in this dinky duplex and are squished and bursting at the seams, but life is good, we are happy and best of all content. I mentioned to him that it has been on my heart to really try to memorize these moments. There will possibly be a day that we “have more” in the way of things, but I don’t know that we could have more in the way of happiness.

I’m grateful for the week ahead that the LORD has waiting for me. I’m praying that I can use each moment to serve Him who has given us each and every breath.

What are you grateful for??

Visit Christine at Brady’s Bunch
the home for Grains of Gratitude.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for reminding me there is much to be grateful for! I am new to HS my eldest starts K-5 this year...My hs blog is private because I am so new in the journey and a place for my husband to see what the day was like..I blog at http://www.blessednestperch.com too!
I will be back for more inspiration!

luvmy4sons said...

I think it is the nature of the fall to be constantly wanting something we don't have and not seeing all that we do. They could eat from all the trees in the garden but ONE...and Satan got them focused on that ONE! It is good that you stop to be grateful for what you have...and not get focused on what you don't! Hugs to you!

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

awh julie,
that is so precious what you said about your hubby.

blessings,
kathleen :)