This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blog Book Tour--The Y Factor

by Liam Roberts

Glass Road Public Relations asked if I would be interested in a book described as a "Medical AND political thriller? You bet! Liam Roberts is a debut novelist with characters who are bent on unraveling the genetic code...and applying it to the simmering situation between Christians and Muslims." That caught my attention!!

How could I turn it down? The Y Factor was a sprint race read--a book that kept me turning the pages and comparing it to the headlines. Mr. Roberts has been compared to one of my favorite authors--Tom Clancy. And I would say for a first published novel that was close to the mark. But as a Christian writer, Mr. Roberts offers a unique perspective; not only politically astute, but also with an eye on eternity.

The characters were young and enthusiastic, fresh out of university and ready to change the world. Little did Eric Colbern and Alana McKinsey realize that their first "real jobs" might be their last.

The Y Factor will take you around the world and back. You will be immersed in technology, history and human intrigue. There's even a little romantic intrigue to top it off.

Look for The Y Factor by Liam Roberts. Definitely a gripping read.

Thanks to Glass Road Public Relations for the copy of The Y Factor for review.

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

As always love your book reviews!

Poiema said...

Can't wait to check this out for my 16 yo son. He has learned more science from these kind of books than he has from textbooks. Thanks for the recommendation!

gemma said...

You amaze me with all that you do. Are your days longer than mine? Well I retract that. I can't stay up past 9pm so just about everybody's days are longer than mine but honestly you are super woman Julie.