This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grains of Gratitude

Why do we (or at least I) always fall out of the good habits and fall into the bad ones?

One of my best habits was Grains of Gratitude. Is it really possible that my last "Grains" post was in July??? Really? Shame on me. There is so much to be grateful for.

We are one month into 2010, I am grateful that my husband doesn't mention the Christmas decorations that are still up. Yes. Really. Usually I leave them up until the Feast of the Presentation of the LORD, but can I just be honest and say...ummm...likely it may be a holly, jolly Valentines Day. So there's some green with all the red...really who's going to notice? It has just been too cold to deal with the garage and opening it up--the way the decorations come in and go out. What this really means, is I am grateful for a husband who puts up with my faults and silliness.

I am grateful that Roo has had a good time auditioning. Boo was going to try an audition, but we decided where we are going and now are on the "actively saving for summer" program. Yes, this is all about ballet. Again. Ballet moms have two seasons. Nutcracker and Summer Intensive. Everything in between is a whirlwind of trying to catch up. Did I mention the Christmas decorations are still up?

A new van has found its home on my driveway. I am grateful we were able to swing that. I don't know if I mentioned, but on New Year's Day my car went kaput halfway between home and my father's house. I limped it back home to be met with two trips to the mechanic. It still is in the driveway, but will be limited to in-town driving. The new van will allow me to go visit my father and to head east for five weeks this summer. It's not fancy, but it will do nicely. I don't need "fancy." I just need "works."

Friends are always something to be grateful for. My mom friends who listen to my parenting concerns and my friends from way back who remind me of where I come from. Friends are certainly a gift. Always something to be grateful for.

I could go on and on, but I need to do some work and focus on getting ready for a new week. I am grateful for blogging friends who visit and share their time and joy with me. Getting back in the grove has been slow, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm grateful for this little blogging place. Christine at Brady's Bunch was the originator of Grains of Gratitude.

What are you grateful for?

Count it all joy!

Julie

7 comments:

Kim said...

I am thankful for godly Christian friends who love me and point me to God in a thousand different ways,

Donna said...

I am grateful for every single day I am granted.

Buttercup said...

More than I can count! Today the top of the list is friends -- friends I had brunch with, friends who emailed me, blog friends who amuse and support me, friends I shared a time of mourning with at a wake for the sister of a friend. Also for good health, my job, warmer weather and the love of G'd.

Renee said...

Wonderful post and congrats on the car! I am grateful for each day that God gifts me with and being here with family and friends. Have a wonderful week!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Like Donna I'm grateful for every day and try to make the most of each. I did have a little relapse with the winter blahs but I think I've recovered from that now and am happy for that!

luvmy4sons said...

Yes, count it all joy! I laughed aloud at a holly jolly Valentine's Day. Glad about your van. We had van issues-one died-and God helped us to get another quickly and fairly inexpensively but it too has an issue now...still grateful that it drives even if the speedometer doesn't let me know how fast! I am grateful mostly for Jesus! Hugs!

Barbara H. said...

I'm with you on cars -- I don't need fancy or new, just something that's reliable and presentable.