This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen



Not very creative, but I'm thinking in terms of wrapping up the year, so these are the best of what I read:

Thirteen good books read in 2007

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

The Morland Dynasty (20 of the 30 in the series read, but we’ll just count it as one ) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

Kingdom Wars 1: A Hideous Beauty by Jack Cavanaugh

My Sister's Keeper--Jodi Picoult

The Open Door-Entering the Sanctuary of Icons and Prayer by Frederica Mathewes-Green

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

The Queen’s Fool by Philippa Gregory

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Lord Foul’s Bane: The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R. Donaldson
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George

The Sovereign’s Daughter by Susan May Warren and Susan K. Downs

Destination Void by Frank Herbert

Healing ADD by Daniel G. Amen, M.D.

The TT Hub!

THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

15 comments:

Nicholas said...

We have one book in common for 2007... Harry Potter.

Sarah said...

I haven't read any of those, but thanks for sharing!

Happy TT!
Come see me, too! :)
Sassyfrazz

Sandy Carlson said...

Enjoy your reading! Geisha is very interesting.

Maria said...

I have a TT this week (If I Had a Million Dollars), but I also have a post from further back on my favorite books.

Check it out if you'd like:

http://michigal.blogspot.com/2007/10/few-of-my-favorite-books.html

Great list!

~Maria
www.jubileeonearth.com

Dont make me get out my flying Monkeys! said...

Great list, I enjoyed it very much! Come take a look at the most popular resolutions of the New year!

DEB

AtomiK Kitten said...

Memoirs of a Geisha was a great read.

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I read Harry as well. Good read.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ahh, Geisha. Wasn't it wonderful? The movie was well-done, I thought, but the book was incredible.

I'm also a big fan of Thomas Covenant; classic stuff, there.

We have a few more books in common, but now I can't remember all 13 titles you listed!

Happy TT and thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of most of them, but have not read any of them. Maybe reading should be one of my goals for 2008.

Dee
http://pavinganewroad.wordpress.com/

Natalie said...

I wish I'd read that much this year. It's on my to do list for this next year.

My Thursday Thirteen is up too! :)

Michelle O. said...

I read & loved Memoirs of a Geisha & Harry Potter. Great list by the way!

kim said...

Merry (late) Christmas and Happy New Year! I love your blog--missed visiting the past week and I really like your Thursday 13 topics. For some reason I can never think of a topic to join in with. Can I copy some of yours?

*smiles and hugs*
Kim

freetofly said...

Happy TT to you Julie! I almost did one yesterday...but, maybe next week!

God bless you!
Maria

Nesting Momma said...

Have a happy New Year...great books I'll have to read a few in 2008.

Omaha Mama said...

Harry Potter rocks! :0)

Maybe next Thursday you can do 13 books you are going to read? I definitely need some ideas for good reads. I haven't read a book since summer. Sigh.