This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, May 12, 2008

Random Ramblings

Yesterday was gorgeous here. Today promises to be even prettier. The trees are changing every time I look out the window! The boys are changing every time I look at them.

We are on a push to finish things up & tie up loose ends so the boys will be able to take a short break (hopefully they will get two weeks off) from school. I will be on a cleaning & decluttering roll, hopefully. We have been bouncing around the word "M-O-V-E" for a bit and I don't want to get caught off guard. We've been in one place for four and a half years! That is amazing for us. We will celebrate sixteen years of marriage in the fall and we've moved thirteen times. So for us to stay put for over four years is a huge thing.

I'm going to have to decide what to do about my book dilema. Over the last four years we've okay I've amassed quite a library thanks in no small part to the Half Price Bookstore. And still I am checking out an astounding amount of books from the library. You know you are a homeschool mom and a book junkie when you have so many bags of books the librarian offers to help carry your load out to the van. I love my library!

The last few weeks have been busy. We've gone to a carnival at church; the boys had a blast. We got to see a great ballet. We've had rehearsals for Spring Performance. We've been on the road. We've gotten lots of school work accomplished. And we've had a few birthdays. So that leads me to my last rambling note.

An Informal Poll:

I was wondering...

Hypothetically of course…

Say you make a cake for your husband’s birthday. Do you:

a) Pour all of the batter into the pan & bake the cake?

b) Pour most of the batter into the pan, bake the cake and eat the rest of the batter and some of the finished cake?

c) Pour most of the batter into the pan, bake the cake and eat the rest of the batter, sharing some with your children?

d) Pour half the batter into the pan, bake it, eat the left-over batter and skip the baked cake?

I of course would not engage in anything other than the first option, cough…sputter... just asking.

For the record, I didn’t short the cake (chocolate cheesecake if you all want to know) I just made extra batter.

Ummmmm…did I just admit to that online???

6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

LOL! I pour the great majority in the pan but do lick the beaters, spatula, and run my fingers around the bowl. :-) I may leave just a little more batter in the bowl than necessary...

Cookie dough, now, that's a different story. I probably eat several cookies' worth in the course of making them!

DebD said...

I pour the batter in and the lick the spoon and the leftovers in the bowl.

LOL

Dapoppins said...

YUM!

and my library lets us check out 50 per person...each of my kids, even my 4 year old, have a library card!

Joyful Days said...

Deb & Barbara--you are way to polite! :)

Barbara--don't even get me started on cookie dough!! I can live without the cookies.

dapoppins--my library system allows 200 items per card!! Conceivably my house could have 800 items from the library. I've never reached the 200 mark, but it is mind boggling to think about.

Renee' said...

Mmm..let me just say that cake and cookie batter are so yummy! Our library allows us 50 per person and the library staff know us by name, so you can imagine what our house looks like - LOL! Hope your hubby had a great birthday.

freetofly said...

Love your survey! Hmm, I am good for the spoon licking when I am done, the rest goes to the men!

But, I always indulge too much in the finished product! I unfortunately am a terrible snacker!

:)

xoxo,
Maria