This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Say That Again, Sam

This got kind of loud...oooops!

There is an old joke I am sure everyone has heard before. It goes like this:

Joke Teller: “Pete and Re-Pete are in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left?”
Unsuspecting Listener: “Repeat.”

Joke Teller:
“Pete and Re-Pete are in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left?”

Unsuspecting Listener: “Repeat.”

Joke Teller: “Pete and Re-Pete are in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left?”
Unsuspecting Listener: “Repeat.”

…ad nauseum…

Life has been a lot like that joke around here lately. I don’t know if it is Spring Fever or end of the school year blues (although we school year round—it never really ends). But I have been repeating myself a lot repeating myself a lot repeatingmyselfalot…sorry, my record is stuck, lately. No one, and I repeat, NO ONE, , and I repeat, NO ONE is listening too me. Sadly I can’t even seem to remember what I said to myself in one room after I walk into the next.

We are trying to tie up all loose ends so that we might have two weeks off from school. So the boys can have a break and I can clean up the fall out I mean mess I mean tidy and straighten the artfully arranged clutter.

I’m behind on my blog reading. Behind on my IRL friends, behind, behind, behind, behind…

Reminds me of a song…

Because it repeats. And makes a lot of noise. Kind of like stuff here.

You can’t ride in my red wagon
The wheels are broke
And the axle’s draggin’
Same song
Next verse
A little bit louder and a little bit worse…

You can’t ride in my red wagon
The wheels are broke
And the axle’s draggin’
Same song
Next verse
A little bit louder and a little bit worse…

You can’t ride in my red wagon
The wheels are broke
And the axle’s draggin’
Same song
Next verse
A little bit louder and a little bit worse…

Like I said…it repeats. And is loud. Kind of like here.

6 comments:

annie said...

Same here. I think it's the season.

luvmy4sons said...

So, so ,so ,so so, SO with you on this one! I thought you were describing MY house!

Renee' said...

I know just what you mean! Same goings on here at my humble abode.

gemma said...

Yes. That is life here as well. In our case however that louder and louder thing? Deaf as a haddock. I think my husband is mumbling and he has never been able to hear a woman's voice. He claims that is a true technical thing. Don't believe him.

We should both take a trip to Belltone but in lieu of spending all that money we choose to exercise the vocal chords and turn up the TV.

Have a great weekend and SPEAK UP!!!

luvmy4sons said...

RYC:

I am weary too. Any time you want to commiserate...I am here. Big hug dear sister. You are not alone. Thanks for taking time to let me know that God worked through my post. It is encouraging to me. Love in Christ always!

freetofly said...

Julie, I can sooo relate. When I was put in the circumstance of taking time off to spend with hubby, I was faced with the evidence of my distractions! I am still working to reclaim territory I had let go to clutter...it happened so gradually. It feels good to make progress!

Any more word about moving? Praying for you, my Joy-filled friend!

P.S. Give yourself credit for being such a great mother and educator! That DOES take increasingly more time and energy as they get older. It IS a factor! :)

xoxo,
Maria