This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Page 123 Meme

Sweet Renee at 2 Peas in Pod tagged me for a meme. I'm a bit behind but it looked like fun and I've not done this one before, so here goes:

The Rules

1. Pick up the book nearest you.
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Type and post the next three sentences after the fifth one.
5. Tag five people.

The book nearest me is Then Sings My Soul, Volumes 1 & 2

From page 123, about Anna L. Waring:

"She was a lifelong student of the Hebrew language and daily read from the Book of Psalms in the original text. Anna's special burden was for those behind bars, and she devoted herself to prison ministry and to causes like the Discharged Prisoners' Aid Society.

In 1850, she published a little volume of nineteen hymns, among them this one--"In Heavenly Love Abiding"--which Anna called, "Safety In God.""

In Heavenly Love Abiding

In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear.
And safe in such confiding, for nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid,
But God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Wherever He may guide me, no want shall turn me back.
My Shepherd is beside me, and nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waking, His sight is never dim.
He knows the way He’s taking, and I will walk with Him.

Green pastures are before me, which yet I have not seen.
Bright skies will soon be over me, where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure, my path to life is free.
My Savior has my treasure, and He will walk with me.

Words by Anna L. Waring
Music by Felix Mendelssohn


Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


I'm tagging anyone who hasn't done this. It was a lot of fun & just what I needed to read today. Try it!!

4 comments:

annie said...

I did this one a while back, it was fun!

Have a great Sunday.

luvmy4sons said...

Lovely...very lovely.

freetofly said...

Beautiful! This is one of my favorite memes so far! I enjoyed your choice very much!


It's been a while since my last visit. It is comforting to see you are still a shining light to all who visit!

xoxo,
Maria

Renee' said...

What beautiful words. "Then Sings My Soul" is one of my favorite hymns. Hope you're having a great week!