This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

Grains of Gratitude is home at Brady's Bunch, blog of the gracious and energetic Christine.

School is out for two weeks at our house. That is a big long break here at Chez Joyeux. But the last few weeks have been wild and we need some time to regroup.

I am grateful for my father's visit this weekend. We are helping him celebrate his birthday. My sons are having a blast playing cards and staying up late with Grandpa.

I am grateful we have a messy home filled with work for me to do the next two weeks. Declutter, clean, rearrange are the buzzwords of the moment.

I am grateful I am feeling better. A couple weeks ago I got laid flat by a health issue that has plagued me for most of my life. Really nothing compared to what health issues so many people deal with, but enough to put me in tears and finally in bed for a couple days. Mending has taken a lot longer than it used to. The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be...and all that.

I am grateful for my husband and children who took such good care of me. They really treated me with kid gloves. I am so blessed.

I am grateful for a chance to blog a little more in the next few weeks and to visit all my bloggy friends.

I am grateful for those who laid down their lives in service to their country, to those who remain willing to do so, and to the families that support them and share with us. May this Memorial Day include time to offer prayers of thanks for all of them.

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

We often declutter rearrange etc.. when we are off ofschool as well! It is "life lessons' as I like to call it! LOL! Sorry about the health woes...seems we all have our own crosses to bear in that respect. Hope you stay on the mend.

freetofly said...

So sorry to know you have been under the weather. I know it must've taken something serious to get you in that condition, will be praying for your strength and renewed health.

xoxo,
Maria

Renee' said...

Hope you're feeling better! Wonderful post!