This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, July 25, 2008

Faith Lift Friday--Christmas in July

Faith Lift Fridays are home at Sheryl's Taking the Challenge. Always uplifting!

I'm in a mood.

Not sure what mood it is, but it's kind of quirky and when I get like this there are some unexpected thoughts that pop into my head and heart.

So here's what's rattling around up there today:

In six months it will be Christmas. Oh, I'm not recommending that we go and start shopping and living out the retail holiday. But it might be a good day to stop and think where we will be six months from now.

Will our hearts be ready for HIM?

Are our hearts ready for HIM everyday?

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'" Mark 13:32-37

Welcome to this World

Lyrics and music by Chris Rice



Tears are falling, hearts are breaking
How we need to hear from God
You've been promised, we've been waiting

Welcome Holy Child
Welcome Holy Child

Hope that you don't mind our manger
How I wish we would have known
But long-awaited Holy Stranger
Make Yourself at home
Please make Yourself at home
Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence

Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world

Fragile finger sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us
Unto us is born
Unto us is born
So wrap our injured flesh around You
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy

Perfect Son of God
Perfect Son of God
Welcome to our world

3 comments:

mum2brady said...

Oh - I love that! I have one of the last pictures, the one of the child on the Savior's lap on my wall in my family room. It's by Greg Olsen - I just love his artwork. What a beautiful clip! Thanks for sharing!

Sheryl said...

Sooo beatuiful!! Thank you for sharing. As always, you leave us with something wonderful to usher in the weekend.
(((HUGS))) and have a blessed weekend.

luvmy4sons said...

For a Christian it is always Christmas. Amen.