This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It Almost Always Makes Me Cry

I've been told my maternal grandfather listened to opera. Since he came to America from Italy when he was 19, he had no language barrier for a good portion of opera works. I don't remember him listening, but I must have hidden memories of it. Opera moves me in a way few other musical styles do.

Britain's Got Talent brought to light two very young, beautiful voices. The first video is Andrew Johnston, a thirteen year old. The second is twelve year old Faryl Smith. Both did me in.



7 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh. my. Word.

I'm speechless.

luvmy4sons said...

Wow. Such amazing gifts from God! I hope they are blessed and bless others with them.

Linds said...

They are stunning. And Faryl was supposed to win. Neither did. A disaster. But they both have amazing talents and wonderful futures!

annie said...

I've had your page open since yesterday morning, trying to find time to watch these. FINALLY. :)
Wow, they are incredible.
Wouldn't it be amazing to have a voice like either of those kids? I would sing all the time :).

Renee said...

Amazing! Such wonderful gifts. Brought me to tears.

Margaret Cloud said...

I am sorry my speakers are not working, when I get new ones I will listen, I like opera.

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by! I will be posting some of the kid's creations this week. You can go to my "nook" at the homeschool lounge if you want - some are posted there too. Hope you have a great week!