This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, June 29, 2009

Daybook, June 29, 2009

FOR TODAY ...June 29, 2009...

Outside my window...Some relief from the heat and humidity, sun, sun, sun! What a blessing. We've had lots of rain & thunderstorms lately.

I am thinking...I should double my estimated time on projects. Maybe I should triple that.

I am thankful for...a lovely package from a sweet friend. Books and rubber stamps!! But most of all I am thankful for her friendship!

From the learning rooms...the boys are in summer intensives, so I'm not giving them any extra, although we are listening to Angie Sage's Septimus Heap: Magyk when both boys are in the car.

From the kitchen...lots of grilling this week, some lasagna, maybe too. I'm tired of packing sack lunches.

I am wearing...a denim skirt and a short sleeve summer sweater.

I am creating...hopefully lesson plans for fall soon.

I am going...to have lunch with an old friend and go bead shopping. We are looking at making a special keychain from hair from her current and past horses' tails. Maybe hard to envision. I will post photos when we get done.

I am reading...Mom Needs Chocolate and The White Road, Book 28 in my beloved Morland Dynasty series. Number 31--The Foreign Field is out in hardback finally. Hopefully it will be in paperback when I am ready for it. I've really gotten behind in my reading and I miss it a lot.

I am hoping...to get back on track soon. I feel a bit adrift lately.

I am hearing...the boys trying to fit in X-Box time before we leave.

Around the house...trying to put the living room back together. Upstairs painting is done!! My husband has some painting he would like to do downstairs--and I will help, but hopefully we will be able to walk across the floor by Wednesday.

One of my favorite things...sitting out in the evenings with my husband since the weather warmed up.

A few plans for the rest of the week:Friday is the final demonstration for Boo's class. Looking forward to it.

Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook to find more daybookers.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

The weather is perfect here too.

Julie, there is an award for you on my blog.

luvmy4sons said...

I love your day book..your life and your thoughts mirror mine so often. X-Box before leaving while their teeth are not brushed their shoes are not on...you didn't add that but I thought I would! LOL!

Barbara H. said...

The package from a friend sounds like a lovely surprise!

Hope you have a great week.

Tracy said...

totally enjoyed your day book!!