This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, August 21, 2009

Nine Years Ago



...I was cuddling a red-headed baby in the hospital. My call button was acting up and the nurse was in about every five minutes thinking I was messing with her. When she saw I was holding my baby and reading my bible she realized that I was NOT trying to be annoying.

Anyway...that little baby has grown to be a brown eyed, curly headed cutie. He's had the day off from school, gamed with his brother, received a present or two or...well he was spoiled, got taken out to the restaurant of his choice, got to play miniature golf where he proceeded to get several birdies, and got to have frozen custard and watch I Love Lucy. Friends and family are coming tomorrow for some hot dogs and hamburgers and some fun time.

How did nine years fly by?

Happy Birthday, Boo, my Peter Pan. May you have many, many more.

On a side note, thank you to all whose comments on my last post were so supportive. I appreciate that no one chastised me for my foolishness--and I do know how unsafe that was.

Just so you know, I found an e-mail from my sister saying when she read it she laughed until she cried. She appreciated my sharing and she knows first hand about that stubborn streak of mine but the mental picture she had was probably only too accurate and therefore cause of her laughter. Sisters will always keep you humble.

In Him,

Julie

Graphics from GlitterGraphicsNow.com

6 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Happy Birthday to your little one...time flies doesn't it? I can't be old enough to have a 20 year old I tell myself...yet i a few eeks my eldest will be! Soak it in!

DebD said...

Happy Birthday to Boo!

Barbara H. said...

Happy birthday to your son! Sounds like he had a great nine-year-old day!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday to Boo!

Buttercup said...

Years do fly by. My goddaughter is 30 and I keep thinking she graduated from high school just a few years ago, but it's been 12 years. Thanks for all of your sweet comments at Buttercup's.

Carrie said...

Happy birthday Boo!