This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, August 16, 2009

What I Did this Summer...

Sounds like a back to school assignment from fifth grade!! Well, I needed a title. What can I say?

I've been on the road, fitting in knitting, trying to get the house in shape, learning the obsession of tea with my husband, vacationing at Blossom Street and enjoying a few other good books (looking forward to sharing those with you!), , driving to dance (already!!?? Did it really ever end?) and getting the boys back to school.

We are, in fact, on our fifth week of school this morning. The boys have been super. Their attitudes have surprised me with the amount of interest and limited bickering. There truly is something to this busy hands, busy hearts thing.

I found that a homeschool bookstore opened in my community recently and have been thrilled to find some great buys! They sell new and used (on commission) books. For all of you who do most of your book buying via catalogs, you know what a blessing it is to actually handle and get a good look at the merchandise before you buy it.

Roo is already dancing again, although the "official" school year won't start until after Labor Day. He's at an age where the commitment required is increasing. I keep checking to see if he's ready to abandon it or at least back off a bit, but noooooooooooooo...more, more, more. He's only had a total four weeks off this summer. I'm in uncharted territory here. Everything I read and hear from other parents is that this is how it goes, but I'm amazed at how fast children get deeply involved in activities. Not how it was back in the old days I mean the dark ages I mean when I was growing up.

Boo is turning nine!! Nine!! in a few days. What has happened to my Peter Pan? He's counting the days, although I'm waiting for him to start figuring out how many hours it is from the day at any time. I suppose that would be a good math problem. LOL!

My birthday was in April, but I had a raincheck waiting for me with a friend of mine to have a "window day." My friend makes some really neat windows and knows how much I love creating and the offer was for a day to make my own window. The result???









It was great fun and the result is a cool one-of-a-kind piece that goes with the new paint in the living room. Did I say paint? Oh yes, I remember that I moaned and groaned and hooted and hollered about the painting a few months back and then fell off the face of the internet pretty much. I promise to post some peeks later this week.

Whooo...I've got a lot of blogging to catch up on. If anyone out there's still checking in on me I am amazed and blessed. Life happens and I've had more than a few life lessons this summer. Some I'm not able to blog about due to trying to respect other people's privacy. But some of the lessons...well, I plan to share.

Thought for the day:

What do you do when the devil knocks on your door???
...
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Say, "Jesus can you get that for me, please?"

Thanks to my priest for that one!

Peace!!

Julie

7 comments:

DebD said...

The window is so beautiful. I hope you do have time to share how it looks with the paint.

luvmy4sons said...

LOVE the window! You have been a busy beaver! My boys are in school too...technically...they are learning quite a lot training and honing their bodies, minds, and spirits in a Christ centered football program designed to help boys grow into godly men! Been going to two a days, 2-9 PM six days a week. This is week three! Painting and windows! I am in awe!

Michelle M. said...

Beautiful window! Can't wait to see pics of it in the living room.

You have had one busy summer!

gemma said...

The window is spectacular and I will always be checking in ... can't shake me loose. Can't be that summer is over. I can't fathom that.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have been busy. I do like the window too. I've had a kit for ages to one in my house but never have.

Barbara H. said...

Good to hear from you! The window is beautiful.

Sounds like you've had a busy, enjoyable summer.

Renee said...

The window is beautiful. Happy Birthday to Boo!