This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, March 5, 2012



FOR TODAY ...March 5, 2012

Outside my window...Sunshine, light breeze, spring smells.

I am thinking...I am running behind today. Sadly, this is not unusual.

I am thankful for...Homeschooling. I cannot imagine our life if we did otherwise.

From the learning rooms...Youngest is working through a year of folk tales, mythology, fables, fairy tales, fantasy and poetry. Oldest is still adjusting to the demands of an eighth grade schedule, plus two hours of piano, plus three to four hours of dance all crammed into one day.

From the kitchen...left over pizza for one, tamales, chimis and burritos for the other two boys (husband is counted in my "boys" a lot of the time--while always a hard worker, he is somewhat of a class clown--my youngest is THE class clown, though).

I am wearing...not what I should be. Still in jammies.

I am creating...still working on the same projects, a shawl, a scarf, some jewelry.

I am going...to take the oldest to dance and I will visit the pool while I wait.

I am reading...cooking magazines, looking for low-fat, low-carb, low-acidic, tasty & healthy meals to accommodate my family's many needs. Did I mention I have a couple of picky eaters (oldest is NOT one of them)?

I am hoping...to have a helpful appointment with youngest & his doctor tomorrow.

I am hearing...my children discuss technology. Sigh...not what the topic should be, but they're quite animated and knowledgeable.

Around the house...weeding, sorting, praying for more room.

One of my favorite things...my new refrigerator. It holds what it needs to and does not leak on my floor.

A few plans for the rest of the week: putting one foot in front of the other, trying to not get distracted...

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Pretty much my view each afternoon--mine does not have red trim. Gas prices are really getting crazy, huh?

How are you doing???

Be blessed!

Julie


Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook to find more daybookers.

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love how you said: putting one foot in front of the other, trying to not get distracted...I need to work on that one more. Great thought!

Renee said...

I so enjoy your posts; I've missed reading them. Have a wonderful week!

Kim said...

Hope you are still doing well and received helpful news from you boy's doctor. And...sometimes all we can manage is putting one foot in front of the other...you are not alone!
*smiles*