This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Big Picture Interactive Bible


I received a copy of the Big Picture Interactive Bible to review. My first thought when the Bible came was "Wow!"

 Not sure what I was expecting when I agreed to review, but it was certainly not a full-sized Bible with a sturdy and very eye-catching cover. So out of the box (or mail bag, as it were) the quality was impressive. I was not familiar with the Holman Christian Standard translation, but some research allowed me to get acquainted and I must say the translation is one that I am very comfortable with--very easy to read, and yet with the impression that there are not "additions" to the Word.

This would be a great gift for an older adolescent, a tween or young teen.

Read my full review at Joyful Days Reviews & Recipes

From the publisher: Are our children really getting the full meaning of the stories as we read the Bible to them? When we read the Bible to our children, the stories are often in bits and pieces and focus on "being good." But children should get the message of "being saved" from reading the Bible instead. The Big Picture Interactive Bible (B&H Kids) is the first children's Bible of its kind-the Jesus story from start to finish, filled with features and interactive elements that capture the true meaning and significance behind all of the verses and stories.

Thanks to B&H Publishing Group for the Bible and the chance to review The Big Picture Interactive Bible.


1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It does look nice. I think it's a good idea. I'm not familiar with that version of the Bible either, but if it helps get the stories across, it's a good thing for sure.