This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, May 14, 2007

Java Jive...

...A cuppa, cuppa, cuppa, cuppa cup...Ahhh... Manhattan Transfer
I love coffee. Coffee is how I start my day. A day without coffee...well let's just not go there. I found a fun website devoted to coffee--recipes, history, books & COFFEE. Koffee Korner--a fun visit.

"Decaffeinated Coffee. It's useless warm brown water." Again! Heard on David Letterman show on March 2000

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat." Alex Levine
(More coffee quotes)

Did you know... Bach wrote a coffee cantata in 1732?










Waiter, waiter, percolator...Manhattan Transfer



Coffee Prayer


Caffeine is my shepherd;
I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez:
Thou annointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the House of ....... for ever.



You Know You're Drinking Too Much Coffee When...

(Just a sample, there are more!)
You grind your coffee beans with yourteeth.
You have to watch videos in fast-forward.
The only time you're standing still is during an earthquake.
You lick your coffeepot clean.
Your T-shirt says, "Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend."
You don't sweat, you percolate.
You've worn out the handle on your favorite mug.
You've worn the finish off your coffee table.
Your life's goal is to amount to a hill of beans.
When someone says. "How are you?", you say, "Good to the last drop."
Your birthday is a national holiday in Brazil.
You name your cats "Cream" and "Sugar."
You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
You think being called a "drip" is a compliment.
You don't tan, you roast.
You don't get mad, you get steamed.
Your three favorite things in life are...coffee before, coffee during and coffee after.
You introduce your spouse as your coffeemate.
You think CPR stands for "Coffee Provides Resuscitation."
Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.

3 comments:

Liza's Eyeview said...

oh, nice to know you love coffee as much as I do :)

I enjoyed this posts a lot! :)

Kathleen aka Coffee Mom said...

I couldn't agree more!

Jenny in Ca said...

oh, I love this!! tho I really don't drink coffee...just once a week or so I have a machiatto. my caffeine addiction is diet coke. but, I really liked this!!