This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, May 14, 2007

Lost and Found

The Parable of the Lost Coin

8"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?
9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.'
10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."Luke 15; 8-10


I have been on a mission. I lost a CD. A library CD. A $40 (that I don't have) library CD. And I have been looking and stressing. After upending many piles and stacks and cleaning behind oft forgotten areas...I found it.

Whoooooooo---hoooooooooooooo!!!!

And my immediate thought was of this passage, the first two verses. But when I went to look it up I, of course saw verse 10, "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Many lessons to learn. Praying we all contribute somehow to the joyful noise before the throne. If I am so excited over a CD, how much more my fellow man. He does work in all things.

2 comments:

Jenny in Ca said...

so glad you found it!!! I am 2 weeks without any library fines! gonna throw a partay!

Karen said...

I am so happy for you that you found it!

I just realized we are halfway between 2 different libraries (different systems) and am ecstatic! I want to check out books from both, but am afraid that I will get them confused...but they do have slightly different selections...so its really a matter of how many I can read within the alloted time frames:-)