This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, June 11, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

"On the road again...just can't wait to get on the road again... " Everybody sing! Okay...well, it is a bit early for a sing-along and Willie isn't everybody's favorite, so let's move on.

The boys and I will be driving five days a week again. I know you moms who work out of the home everyday think I am a wimp--but humor me. It is hard to get out the door and I don't know how y'all do it.

So a bumped up schedule definitely calls for a menu plan. Here's what I am aiming for:

Monday--Stir fry chicken and rice and veggies
Tuesday--Grilled turkey burgers, broccoli
Wednesday--Beef roast, potatoes and carrots
Thursday--Tacos
Friday--Something grilled (based on what's on sale), sauteed mushrooms & onions, corn on the cob, salad, fresh bread
For some really wonderful menus visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out all the Menu Plan Monday participants.

There is another book up for grabs this week, courtesy of Glass Road Public Relations. Check here for details.

11 comments:

Anne said...

Your menu looks tasty! And I know what you mean about getting out the door each day! We're planning on driving DD to school each day next year and I'm a little nervous about getting four kids out the door by 8 am! I've been practicing my freezer cooking and crockpot recipes to have ready when we start doing this. Have a blessed week! :)

Dana said...

Looks good. I plan around what is on sale too :)

Betsy said...

Looks like a great menu! Be safe!

tegdirb92 said...

yum--looks like a lot of grilling going on in your house!! Great week ahead.

Mama Russell said...

Your yummy menu reminds me that I haven't made a roast in a while!! Great menu and thanks for sharing.

annie said...

Your menu looks delicious.
Happy Monday!
♥~annie
My Life as Annie!

Sandra said...

Great menu, thank you for sharing!

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan Monday

Christi said...

I think your menu sounds wonderful!

Have a great week!

Judi said...

Looks great!

Renee's Ramblings said...

Your menu sounds wonderful! I agree about getting out of the house. I only have two kids and I can't seem to get out on time-LOL! Have a great week!

SusieJ said...

Great Idea to have a plan -- especially in the summer. You've been tagged.