This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, November 19, 2007

Help Me with My Holidays

Okay, I am not feeling particularly creative this year. I am looking for lovely ideas to make this holiday more filled with the Spirit and less filled with retail.

I have asked some great bloggers if I might link to their sites to share their ideas that have blessed me. A couple have already responded with kind generosity and I will be sharing their ideas.

If I missed asking you, shame on me!!

If you have a blog post from Christmas past or will be posting one this year that shares family traditions that focus on how you prepare to remember the True Gift of Christmas, if you have a post sharing a special memory of a loved one you who made your holidays bright, or traditional foods, sweet and savory that have been handed down or are going to be, or any ideas you think I missed that will take the hustle an bustle out of the holiday and would like to be included leave a comment or e-mail. I will add you in the list in my post. Family friendly only—let’s keep the focus on the “Reason for the Season.” I will keep adding entries up until Christmas--or even after if it applies!

I will post some other non-blog sites that might spark your spirit and creativity, and hopefully fill your days with just a little more joy.

There is no such thing as too much joy.

So will you help me find out how joy-filled our holidays can be? I hope so.

Always in HIM,

Julie

5 comments:

Heidi @ GGIP said...

When I was a child, we lit the advent wreath every night as a family and did a devotion. The scripture passages are usually available at your church, but I'm sure they are also available online. Obviously, this is a good way to focus on Christ during advent.

We haven't decided if we will do this tradition in our family or not.

Barbara H. said...

I have a couple of posts from last year:

10 free gifts for Christmas:
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/2006/12/20/ten-free-gifts-for-christmas/

and I Corinthians 13 applied to Christmas:
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/i-corinthians-13-applied-to-christmas/

Coach J said...

you have my answer in your inbox :)

Mrs. Pear said...

Funny you should mention this, Miss Pear and I just made Christmas cake this morning from a family recipe!

She is the 4th generation to bake it.

We posted on it already, and our house smells SO yummy!

Renee's Ramblings said...

I'll be getting back to you on our family traditions and celebration of the holidays. We've never done an advent wreath/calendar so this year we're doing one...just not sure which.

Wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!!