I have a wonderful family, a fantastic church family, very good friends and so much stuff to be grateful for. So here I am sitting on Sunday evening pouting.
I have no idea how other families do it. I know that some families have Dad traveling for work all week, every week and Mom holds down the fort and they seem to survive just fine. That would be you, Christine!! I know you are often the first watch and with more kiddos than me. Send me your secret!
Some families deal with even more. Our military men and women are oceans away and their loved ones keep it together for truly long stretches. I am so grateful for them. I have so much respect for what they all do.
So here I am pouting that my husband will be on the road again tomorrow and I was blessed to have him at least for the weekend. It just wasn't long enough. We've done this before and I am sure we'll do it again. Oh wait!! We are!! Phhhhhbbbbbbbbttttt! I am really not in the mood to put my big girl panties on and be a grown-up. But I guess this isn't going to be about what I'm in the mood for, huh?
I am grateful I have a car that needs inspected and tagged this week. I am grateful the boys will start religion class this week--they will be so happy to see their wonderful teachers again & their friends. I am grateful for the little girls who ride with us during the week. They have provided us with a new dynamic for conversation. Girls totally put a new spin on our life. The boys have auditions this week for Nutcracker and Roo is taking an extra class. Guess once I hit the ground tomorrow I'm going to be too busy to pout a whole lot.
There's a lot to be grateful for & a whole lot to pray for. Maybe I can face the week after all. I'm grateful for the chance to vent a little. Movin' on!!
What are you grateful for?
Brady's Bunch is the home of Grains of Gratitude, started by sweet Christine.

4 comments:
I think it is okay to miss hubby! I also think it is great to stop in such a moment and count our blessings! Hmmmm...that's what you did! Praying hubby returns safely to you!
Hoping the week goes smoothly and your hubby gets home soon. You're right, just having him for the weekend is too short.
I'll be back to catch up more. It's been crazy busy here but hopefully things have slowed down some. Take care!
Oh man - you give me wayyy too much credit :) My fort is slowly falling down around my ears this week - but I'm hoping to get on top of it - well - someday anyway ;)
It's always hard to have your honey gone - it just feels like there is something missing - and there is! I hope his travels are short lived though - it does get sooo old when it's week after week. There's always the airmiles silver lining though - LOL!
I hope your week has gone great! It sounds like it has been a busy one! I hope the kids had great auditions! Your carpool sounds like a hoot :) Girls always do put a fun spin on things!!!
Thanks for joining in each week - I always feel blessed reading your grains too!!!
I don't like when my honey's away either...and my home guys are now 18 and 25!! But still....;p
Hoping your honey is back by now!
I'm grateful for the opportunity to go back to school...it can be very stressful at times, but even in the stress I'm so thankful for this opportunity!
Most of all I'm thankful for the wonderful relationships in my life: my honey, our kids, good friends, and blogging friends like you!
Have a wonderful weekend and week!
Sheryl
Post a Comment