This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

This week I am just grateful to have my husband home. The fact of just “being” together is wonderful. Whether it is sitting next to each other reading, watching television (can anyone say “Debates”?), or just knowing he is downstairs working, it is great just having him in the house. He works from home about 80% of the time and to have him away upsets the apple cart. We are blessed to be spoiled.

My sons received their information from their audition. It was all good news, and they were happy just to be involved. I think Mommy cared more about the whole thing than they did. They have really good attitudes.

I was sent shopping this weekend for clothing. Something I really don’t like doing. Usually I pick up something off the sale rack, usually dark (on the bottom at least) and loose on the top. We have two events Friday. One is an evening thing—I can wear something I already own for that. Black is always good for evening. But for the morning thing…I need to be a little more daytime and prefer to be grown-up looking. I was happy with what I found. I was grateful my husband told me I needed to go. I hate shopping. And I hate dressing room mirrors.

My back is tender, but I am up and about. The boys (and my husband) have been great! I know what I need to do to fix this. I just need to get in gear.

I’m grateful Christine at Brady’s Bunch started Grains of Gratitude.

What are you grateful for?

5 comments:

Donna said...

I hate shopping for clothes too; that's why I don't have any dress-up clothes.

I'm thankful that I have my husband around most of the time, except for the time he spends at work for five days a week. Two years ago this last April he had open heart surgery, and that made me appreciate his companionship even more.

luvmy4sons said...

So glad your hubby is back. It is good to stop and be grateful.

Renee said...

Glad you're hubby is back and you're feeling better.

Anna said...

Hi Julie,
I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been doing. You sound so much better in this post than a few posts back! I'm so glad that things are back to normal at your house. Enjoy these days!
~Anna

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by. I sure do wish we lived in closer proximity. Y'all are welcome to come over for coffee, dinner or anytime!