This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Six Things that Make Me Happy

Esther has tagged me for Six Things that Make Me Happy. And her timing was good!! I need to stop and think of six things that make me happy six times a day (at least)!! I have been so blessed.

1. My God. The closer I draw to Him the happier, more joyful I am. I may look very odd to the world, but we are called to be a peculiar people.

2. My guys. My husband and my sons. Again, we may look very odd, but maybe that is because we enjoy each others' company.

3. My friends--both IRL and bloggy. You challenge me to new and better things. You keep me fresh!

4. Being backstage with the guys and hearing The Nutcracker Overture. Here we go again!!

5. Good books & good coffee--together!

6. My pillow.

And now I am supposed to tag six people so they will share their happy things.

Okay...

1. Sheryl at Taking the Challenge

2. Barbara at Stray Thoughts

3. Renee at 2 Peas in a Pod (when she feels better)

4. Do You Weary Like I Do?

5. Kim at mom-musings

6. and YOU!!

11 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I'll try to do this soon. I think I'd have many of the same answers. :-)

luvmy4sons said...

I loved your list...I will get to my tag here soon! It will be hard NOT to include some of yours! LOL!

Kim said...

I will definitely play. I need to after writing the post I just wrote! Really need an attitude check right now. ;)
Thanks for the comment on my blog's design. I love that cutest blog on the blog site--they have made is to simple to change things around. And I have figured out how to get a different picture up on my header,but I haven't figured out how to change the font and size of the title in my header. Any tips you might have?

Happy advent to you. I hope to visit some of the links you posted in a previous entry--and I loved your post about driving your boys to dance. It put a smile on my face!
*smiles*
Kim

Esther said...

Julie, I enjoyed reading your answers!

CityMom, CountryMom said...

Found you from Fiddledee. Like your purple background! You know I used to make lists like that all the time and my favorite thing now is clean sheets on my bed. And a bed that is made! Hah!
Have a great week!
CountryMom (Suzanne)

Errant said...

good idea for a tag ..

sheryl said...

Mine's up, Julie. Thanks for thanking of me. If we don't chat further this season, may your Christmas and New Year be truly blessed!
Sheryl
http://takingthechallenge.typepad.com/taking_the_challenge/2008/12/six-things-that-make-me-happy.html

luvmy4sons said...

My tag is up...thought I'd let ya know! (:

Renee said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll get mine up in a few days.

freetofly said...

What are you grateful for?

Well, many, many! For one being able to come here and to other wonderful bloggy friends and find refreshing commentary and encouragement!

I have been trying to send you some pics since Thanksgiving Day and I now have to humbly ask my son to help, bc for some reason I can NOT fingure out how to get to the new file they are putting our photos in! Arrgghhh! :) I guess I will add thankful for a son who is in many ways smarter than me! :)

Love the pretty purple! How very royal! It befits the coming of Christ at Christmas (Advent)!

God bless!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

Great list! I was tagged twice on this one so I'd better do it!