This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Notes From the Sofa and Other Stuff...







Below is a project that was supposed to be in the boys' room. But we ran out of room. Grandpa made the frame and Dad stained it and applied the LEGO tiles. The inspiration came from HGTV's 10 Themed Bedrooms. Which was very cool, but impractical since we rent and it was expensive.



The point of the board is that it can be propped up (or hung) with the LEGO masterpiece--Voila! Instant art. That was the original thought in my mind. But the backside of this board is finished nicely and can be used as a play surface also for games and puzzles. Just have to get them to take the LEGOs off to flip it over.

Anyhoo...

Homeschooling around our house...

Roo reading


Boo playing




Frustrated Libby and Sid

What are they looking at?




"Can we go help, Mom???"



"Please???"


Some time with Dad. Gifts courtesy of Grandpa.



Perhaps winter is giving us a break.

What's up at your house?

6 comments:

Heidi @ GGIP said...

Love the magnetic poem. :) Thanks for the updates!

luvmy4sons said...

Love this light hearted fun post! We are just hunkered down in the cold...we watched the inauguration yesterday. We read and do school and play games and watch TV and drink warm drinks! LOL!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

my sister has magnetic words she does a poem a month on her fridge.
She's done it for years now .
I always look to see what she's done new. Lots of fun for sure.
'On Ya'-ma

Winging It said...

What a fun idea?! SO many opportunities for memorable moments and skills buidling w/o "working" on it...very organic!

I miss these days of homescool. He is 16, and using a software package that gives him a lot of autonomy. It was something he needed. It teaches him to manage his workload smartly and is a different way to goal set. Very easy for me to track and keep up. Of course we supplement with lots of reading. Always have.

But, bc we DO homeschool we still have thos everdyday teachable moments that happen through out. Only now, they may happen in conversation at 12:30 at night! :)

He's doing lots of skating. Trying to get proficient to get a sponsor (which is apparently much more common than I knew), his Dad is doing college, and I am working on a book that we pray we will get to self publish with a company that sounds right for us....

P.S. I love that they are doing a little archery, very neat! You have exposed them to so may wonderful things, a true classical education!

Cuddle up and stay warm!

Oh, P.S.S. Love your sweet pets! They are so sweet to see!

It's Just Me ~ Katie! said...

I ran across your journal (sorry for the footprints) via "I'm mostly known as 'MA'" and really enjoyed your reads. I can't wait for a break in this weather. I'm not sure who's more stir crazy me,my child or the pets. Take care and enjoy your weekend. I shall return,
Katie

lisaschaos said...

The lego board is a great idea. :) Cute poem, I have thought it would be neat to have some of those magnetic words. :)

Our house? It's cold and we try to stay warm, Guitar Hero helps. :)