This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still Lost...

The gloves, that is. I've also realized we are missing a t-shirt. Not just any t-shirt, but a special shirt for Roo. Frustrating.

The boys did well for their first day "back" to school. We chose to keep Boo home from ballet, though, due to some lingering sinus issues. I think it was a good choice. He looks much better this morning. He improved immensely when he found out that being sick would not earn him video games and the reading was going to be done sooner or later.

Got halfway through the kitchen yesterday. Not as far as I'd hoped, but I found the table and some shelving space.

Last night the Daddy and the boys and I played Last Word.



We laughed so much. This is a fun, free-for-all type game that suits our personalities. I highly recommend it. Children need to be old enough to read and have an awareness of different situations. Boo held his own with much style and humor. I'm living with a young Robin Williams, I'm afraid. He's quite brilliant with improv. Sometimes this is good...sometimes...ummmmmm...not so much.

What did you do yesterday?

7 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

We organized the house, did lesson plans, and packed up our eldest ( sniff-blog to come on taht one) We watched OSU lose another bowl game ( with 16 seconds only to spare when they lost the lead)Got up WAY too early to take eldest to airport (sniff-blog to come) and today our first day of school went well...I am more focused on following through AFTER the work is done to check and follow up. That is where I can get lazy. We like Apples to Apples...that one sounds fun too!

Renee said...

Julie, hope your feeling better. Last Word sounds like a great game. We've been having computer challenges; I'll have email back in a few days and will send you a note. Take care!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I have that game! It is fun. It is easy to learn.

It seems everywhere I go in real life and blogging, someone is sick! Feel better everyone!

gemma said...

I'll say a prayer to St Anthony for the lost gloves...that's what my grandmother would do. Glad you're feeling better but don't push it...take the advice you give others. Go Easy!

Having fun is the best medicine and it sounds like the day ended with the best medicine.

Michelle M. said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to remember it for when my kiddos are older.

What did we do yesterday? We had our offer on a house accepted! Pretty crazy! I'll blog about it all relatively soon. Have a great day!

Liza's Eyeview said...

A friend of ours told us about this game too. I should check that out. I am glad you all had fun :)

Dirorganized Mom said...

We just kept all the Christmas decorations that we put up. Imagine, it's already late but we just found the time yesterday. I also did a lot of organizing. I've realized there's too many clutter around me. It's one of my resolutions this year. I need to be more organized. Wish you all the best.