This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, January 5, 2009

Lights, Camera...Already?

The house is still decorated, the lights still on, trees still up, but we are back to school today.

Has anyone seen my gloves? No? Neither have I. That is frustrating.

The house is piled high and deep. I'm feeling somewhat better so I'm going to approach the kitchen. I've notified the boys so they can send a search party Daddy if I don't surface soon.

I watched Steel Magnolias (for the upteenth hundredth time) this weekend, when I was too tired to do anything, but too awake to sleep. It came out almost 20 years ago. When I first watched it I related to Shelby by virtue of only being three years older than Julia Roberts. This time, maybe for the first time, I felt attached to M'Lynn (Sally Field's character). Being a mommy sure has changed my perspective.

Ballet also begins again today. I'm going to beat the piano player who dares Tchaikovsky! Just kidding.

Sort of.

4 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I recently watched Steel Magnolias again and felt the same way that you did. I could much more relate to Sally Fields' character or the husband who lost his wife. I felt like it was much sadder this time around for me.

Hope you find that glove!

Kim said...

You make me smile! Just stopping by to say before I take Sam to school and head to work. Steel Magnolias is one of my all time favorites and since I was already a mommy when it came out, I have always related to M'Lynn. That funeral scene at the cemetary makes me bawl everytime!
*smiles*
Kim

luvmy4sons said...

Well you are one step ahead of me. My eldest doesn't leave till VERY early tomorrow morning. So just doing lesson plans for the next two weeks today and getting the house in order! AAARGH! steel magnolias huh? Really? LOL!

Esther said...

Julie, that is one movie I can watch again and again but I'm not sure why.