This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, December 19, 2008

If I'm Going to Do Something...

I'm going to do it!
I finally did get the decorating done.
Thank goodness my sister is doing the baking because I'm tired!!


Welcome! This is the view from the front door.


At the top of the stairs .


Just to the left.


The window with the ever attractive t.v. tray decorating motif.
(Barbara, can you guess where my three "stray hooks" from previous dwellers are hidden?)



With a little light so you can see the ornaments.


We could not put a tree in the boys room this year. So I have two, yes two, in the living room. The "colorful tree" has a message in the branches. Can you see it above?

Below is the view of both trees and into the kitchen aka classroom.


The "fancy tree."


The nativity with some unusual additions.


The view from the hallway just off the boys room.


Cardinals have been favorites of mine for ages. I started adding them to my decorations about five years ago. They remind me of someone very special.


The snowmen are older than my boys--in fact they've been mine since college.


Two snowmen that were Mom's.


Hope your day is "Merry and Bright" and full of the True Light of the World.

Blessings,

Julie

12 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Lovely! Beautiful! Thanks for giving us a glimpse! Sharon B. will just love those red cardinals!

Nancy said...

Julie,

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them.

Barbara H. said...

I'm guessing the hooks are above the window where the garland is hanging, LOL! Everything is lovely. I especially like the last three pictures.

Michelle M. said...

Wow! I can't get over all the lights. It is beautiful. I bet you don't even have to turn on any lamps with all those lights!

Liza's Eyeview said...

Beautiful decorations Julie! and I love the nativity scence with all it's additions :)

Heidi @ GGIP said...

Wow, your house looks very festive! I love all the garlands especially.

Renee said...

Wonderful decorations! Your house looks festive and I love the two Christmas trees.

annie said...

Beautiful!

Esther said...

Julie, you did a wonderful job of decorating. Very festive!

lisaschaos said...

You absolutely look ready! Pretty!

Kim said...

Lovely! I love twinkly light garlands--and the boys' room looks great too!
I have tagged you for a blog award/meme over at my place.

Happy Monday--
*smiles*
Kim

Lisa said...

love the decorations. Happy Blog anniversary.
Lisa
www.houseofmanyblessings.blogspot.com