This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What Would Be Your First Reaction...

...if your oldest son asked you, "Do stuffed toys clog the toilet?"

Curious minds want to know...



1/15/09 Update:

My reaction was to first, choke.

Second, mentally scramble to see how his father (sitting next to me) was reacting, and then think, "Surely an eleven year old would NOT put a stuffed toy down the toilet."

But then remember that at one time when he was much younger (3-ish) he had asked me what would happen if he swallowed a LEGO and then actually did it.

This took all of about 3 seconds to process.

So I finally asked, "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy would you want to know?"

So did he do it?

Thankfully, no he didn't. But he was "wondering."

Heavy sigh...

Parenting is a succession of events and comments you never, never thought would happen to you.

Gotta love it!!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Panic. What was yours?

luvmy4sons said...

Okay...I can stop laughing...I can. See when it is someone else it is funny. Now let me try to conjure up if it were really true for ME? LOL! Well, I think I would be, "Why do you ask son? Please tell me you didn't!" Then I would likely get a little upset!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I would jump to the worst conclusion I'm afraid. Although I never had that happen it would make you wonder. 'On Ya'-ma

gemma said...

Oh Yikes....now where did that plunger go?

Kim said...

Yikes! Say it isn't so! I hope everything turned out ok or that he didn't really! :)
*smiles*
Kim

Renee said...

My first reaction? A panicked run to the bathroom! Hope all turned out okay.