This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Taking My Eyes Off the Goal

The enemy whispered and I listened and allowed myself to be deceived, distracted.

I've allowed myself to wallow in worldly matters. Matters that will be burnt up like chaff--in as little as five years I will have forgotten perceived hurts and injustices.

I've allowed myself to become over-worried about personal concerns, for myself and for family members; health, emotional, and financial. I've allowed myself to dwell in the past and in grief that should be put aside.

A long time ago someone reminded me about other worries, "It is what it is." I tell my children often, "Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow. Just deal with today." Maybe I should go with that. Hmmmm...


"DIFFICULT PRESENT MOMENTS

When the Present Moment comes and gives me something very difficult to bear, I say, "This is the will of God."

Think of when Pilate told the Lord, "Don't you know I have the power to crucify you and the power to release you?" And Jesus said, "No, you would not have power over me if it had not been given to you from above" (John 19:10-11). Even at that awesome, unjust moment, Jesus saw the Father's Will and accepted it. In our daily lives we should to. "--Mother Angelica from Little Book, of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality



Photo courtesy of Public Domain Pictures/Petr Kratochvil

9 comments:

SQUELLY said...

This sounds very familiar to me. I think I ought to take your advice too

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Tis something I work at all the time. Trusting that all will be well and this too will pass...

Mrs.Pogle said...

Praying for you, Julie.
May God bless you in and through this difficult time :¬)
Mrs.P xx

heidi @ ggip said...

Awww. I'm sorry for life's struggles. I think I am pretty good about not borrowing trouble from tomorrow, but I feel I have so many worries TODAY, too.

Buttercup said...

Dear Julie,

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

luvmy4sons said...

You are not alone. This testing of your faith is refining you...and even it is part of God's wonderful plan. Now there is no condemnation. I am sure He is pleased at your progress and smiles down upon you.

Jesus,

Bless this daughter of yours. May she know and feel Your loving arms around her. May she know that You love her and that You are sufficient for every need. Let her not feel defeated and condemned. Let not the accuser of the brethren cast stones in her direction. She stands victorious through Your blood. She is more than a conqueror. Inspire her now. Alleviate her stress with that peace that passes all understanding according to Your good, acceptable, and perfect will. In Your precious name, Jesus. Amen.

Carrie said...

I understand. It seems to me that when I get very worried, I try to take over and that's when things get worse. If I just remember that God is in control and that he only wants good for me, then the situation seems to improve. I seem to have a short memory though, because I really want to take over most of the time.

Sheryl said...

Getting sidetracked is all too easy! These are wise words you've shared. I need to keep reminding myself of this life lesson all too often.
(((HUGS))) my friend!

Renee said...

Oh Julie, please know you are in my prayers and I'm thinking of you.