This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Starry Night and Cookies

Two days left of school. I have the worst case of Spring Fever/Summer Vacation Fever in the house.

Carrie asked what color my room is. I have to admit I just used WalMart's ColorPlace Paint...three walls (and a wall in the hall) are called Sebago Blue (think Early American Blue) and the "accent wall" (if we were going to pretend I was a fancy decorator, which I'm not, but we can pretend) is called Starry Night. Think Van Gogh.


In fact I am pretty sure I am going to get a print to hang on that "accent wall." I have a mini-quilt wall hanging, but it just isn't doing it for me. Which is sad because I love the piece.

For anyone who is interested, the WalMart paint has been really easy to use and the results are nice. This is the second room I have done with it. I am NOT a painter/decorator so I am sure my expectations weren't really high--but neither is my bank account. So WalMart brand it was going to be.

I got to watch the boys rehearsal last night. Two shows--tonight and tomorrow. Be patient with me because I can't help but brag. My guys were fantastic. My prayer is that they, and all there classmates, do just as wonderfully in the shows. I am so amazed at who they've become. They sure didn't get it from me.

Must go be a grown-up now. I really don't want to be a grown-up. Whoever thought I would make a good grown-up really had a sense of humor...

And for the record making cookies when you cannot have carbs should be against the law...and yet I volunteered to do so. So off to bake.

And inhale a lot.


Starry, Starry Night by Don Mclean

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you! I so enjoyed the video and I love your starry nights theme. Who would have thought Walmart could offer so much. I hope the boys do well and enjoy the cookies too! I remember well the sigh relief when school was over for the summer. Those were always such great days.

SQUELLY said...

Great video! I wouldn't underestimate yourself. I think your boys might be great because of you :-)

Michelle M. said...

You definitely need to get a photo on your blog once the room is complete :)

Carrie said...

We've used Wal-Mart paint too and have had no problems with it. I love "Starry Night" a lot.

I hope the boys do well and "break a leg". Cookies sound good. I don't like to bake them, but I love to eat them.

annie said...

I need to paint the den... haven't found the "right" color yet...
I want to see a picture too!

luvmy4sons said...

Painting I find painful to do...but I am always so pleased when I am done. Your rooms slound lovely...I think that picture is a must!

Renee said...

You're room sounds great! The fact your boys are great has a lot to do with you being their Mom. Have fun!

Barbara H. said...

That would be the greatest exercise in self-discipline -- or torture -- to make cookies without eating them.

Hope the performance goes well!

Tracy said...

your room sounds so great!