This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Purple...



...or even aubergine,amaranthine, amethyst, heliotrope, lavender, lilac, mulberry, orchid, periwinkle, perse, or plum.

I have abused the royal color of purple and unintentionally cause my dear friend Buttercup sorrow. Dear Buttercup, just so you know I really do like purple. I was just surprised because I've just always saw myself as a blue or perhaps black personality. But most certainly I like purple.

So offering the olive branch to any and all lovers of the passionate purple color, I give you:

10 Purple Things I Like

1. Lavender



2. Lilacs



3. Orchids



4. Violets



5. Irises



6. Pansies



7. Statice






8. Amethysts



9. Eggplants



10. Purple velvet






Actually twice a year, during Lent and Advent, my blog is usually purple, the colors of the season. But I felt a change would be appropriate to honor the lovely color of purple.

Oh!! One more thing that I love that is purplish (a little gray/purple)...

Oh bother!



Do you have a favorite color? Or a color you see your personality as?

Have a colorful day!

Julie

4 comments:

Buttercup said...

You are too kind. I love lilac and amethyst and all colors thereof and your photos are beautiful. I like pink, too, but lilacs are my favorite flowers and my favorite color.

Barbara H. said...

Though purple and lavender aren't my all-time favorite colors, I love many thing in those shades, many of the things you listed. Not eggplant, though. :-)

I rarely drink grape soda, but every now and then it hits the spot.

Tracy said...

I like purple as well:)

Carrie said...

I love your post! Lilacs and violets are my favorite flowers. Blue is my favorite color, but I like them all, really.