This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Each year goes rushing by faster and faster. As I plow through life and through the seasons and times of the Church, I find myself disappointed with myself.

Again and again.

Lent, to my dismay, was largely consumed by worldly things. Although I will say, I had quite a revelation as to how weak in "the flesh" I really am. How little it takes to get me to grumble and feel sorry for myself. Gracious. There is a lot of growing up I need to do.

It's not been a total desert. There have been some moments where the glass got cleared enough for me to get a glimpse of where I should be, what it is all about, but they've not been what my heart was telling me I needed.

As I came home late Wednesday night, quite weary from a long day and a with a tired and emotional pre-teen in tow, I finally got the chance to sit down and thought I would visit a few internet friends to "cheer me up." But God will use anything to get our attention and He used FaceBook (yes, really) and one of my friends there to point me to yesterday's post.

And all at once the enormity of Holy Week, and more to the point, the ENORMITY of the sacrifice that our LORD and Savior endured for us, hit me full in the face and I was undone.

So here I sit with the weight of Holy Week surrounding me. I'm sure I've not got it "right" but, Someone cleared the glass enough that I can see where I am going. And I need to look to Him, the perfect Lamb.

Again, I must suggest view discretion with a video. And part of me thinks I should apologize, but the truth is, this is only a part of what happened. And I am devastated to think we would be ashamed of that.

Watch the Lamb