This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

Late again today. Recovering still from last week’s yicky-yuck. But now I really thing I feel the end of the upper respiratory stuff and let me tell you—I am grateful!!! Both boys have struggled with this too and while I would have preferred to spare them the stuff, at least Roo did not come down with it until after his spring recital. We are very grateful for that. He had two nights of dancing and lots of waiting back-stage. So he would have been more miserable than just feeling cruddy and lounging on the couch at home. Boo’s exploding through the house again, so I’m believing he’s pretty good.

We’re pretty sure it’s DCG’s turn next. I owe him big-time. Why??? Because he took care of me and the boys and the house and the cooking yesterday when I had a melt-down. I am grateful for a husband who cooks well—better than I do, a lot of times. And who will baby me and keep the house running. I am blessed.

I am grateful for flowers that I have to plant.

I am grateful that Roo’s spring performance was such a success. What an awesome way for the school to end the year. He has his last two classes this week. One is an in class performance—not a high stress thing, more of a demonstration and the, what I call “de-briefing” class for the boys. Then we have two weeks off.

Two weeks off. I. am. so. grateful. Really. No driving. And with gas prices what they are that is a good thing. Both boys will do summer intensives this year. Just four weeks. But a very neat opportunity.

The weather is beautiful. I am grateful. DCG put the canopy up on the back porch, adding another “room” to the living space. The pool will go up soon and it will be officially summer. Much to be grateful for.

What are you grateful for?

Grains of Gratitude was started by Christine at Brady’s Bunch. She has a blessing of sunshine blog.

5 comments:

annie said...

much to be grateful for indeed!

it feels like summer has already arrived, the kids and all the neighborhood friends managed to a ton of my towels today swimming... new rule: bring your own towel!

hope the yucky stuff has left your home for good.


annie

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: thank you for posting your grateful for's each week. i needed to read this tonight. i need the reminder. i have been so frustrated with one of my teens so much this afternoon/evening and i don't like myself for it. i get so tired of it when she seems to not care about anything. thank you for the peace in your post.

~blessings to you this Sabbath night, kathleen :)

Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) said...

I'm grateful for a husband who will take two of the three kids out for an afternoon of swimming! Giving me a rather peace filled afternoon.

And as always, I'm grateful for caffeine and chocolate.

And Jesus. Because he first loved me.

Jenny in Ca said...

enjoy your two weeks off!

mum2brady said...

LOVE your list :) Sounds like you've been busy! I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope your hubby doesn't get it!

Sooo happy that Roo's spring recital went well and that school is almost out!!!

Two whole weeks of bliss - no driving - no homework - nada - doesn't that sound heavenly???? I'm celebrating right along with ya!!!

Thanks so much for joining in each week, it blesses me to read your lists :)