This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, October 8, 2007

Children’s Book Monday

Dolphin AdventureDolphin Adventure by Wayne Grover

Man’s fascination with dolphins is legendary. It has long been a goal to connect and communicate with dolphins and Wayne Grover has a wonderful adventure series based on true accounts of his dives off the coast of Florida provides young readers with a way to experience that connection through his writing.

Grover a naturalist with a military background and many varied accomplishments writes first hand accounts of his dealings with dolphins. In the first of three books he finds and young injured dolphin and attempts to help it and return it to its family.

Dolphin FreedomDolphin TreasureJim Fowler’s shimmering black and white illustrations are captivating and capture the movement of the dolphins and the water. They are the perfect combination with Grover’s straightforward language to lure young readers into their wet and wild tales.

Dolphin Adventure is followed by Dolphin Freedom and Dolphin Treasure. They are wonderful as read alouds or as young readers.

For more reading ideas for children visit Elise at A Path Made Straight for Children’s Book Monday.

4 comments:

Renee's Ramblings said...

I didn't know there was a meme on Mondays for Children's books. I'll be checking that out asap! My kids will love this series you highlighted. Thanks for sharing.

I've got something for you on my blog. Stop over when you get the chance.

SchoolinRhome said...

Thanks! We will have to look for these. My one daughter would like to do a lapbook on dolphins. These would be nice to read then.
Check out my Children's Book, too!
Happy Homeschooling!

Elise said...

Perfect - for little boys, especially, I think! I love your phrasing of "shimmering black and white illustrations" - picture perfect! :)

Thank you, friend!

Irritable Mother said...

Wonderful! I have such a hard time getting my son to read, but I know he will really go for these books. I just ordered two of them from Amazon. Thanks for the tip!!!