This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

My blogging hiatus ending with a sinus infection compounded by a painful earache—connected I am sure. But it seems to respond to medication, so we will go with that. And be grateful.

There was a thought in my head at the beginning of this week that I should be looking into new names to add to my family. Considering I am old enough to be Boo’s grandma that was a somewhat terrifying prospect. But I had put on the garment of faith that said I could do that and “all things” and was preparing myself for a new adventure. Oddly enough, I am sad now, that I don’t need to worry about this. But I am grateful for whatever the LORD will bless our lives with.

My husband started a new job. Without leaving his old one. His company was “acquired” recently and all that is involved with that statement. We are praying they leave the original company intact and that this is a positive thing. He is putting in some hideous hours. I am still grateful for the job he has that requires the hideous hours.

I am grateful I took the time to clean a little. I found three bags to donate and trash to get rid of—that was just one room. Can you imagine when I wade into the garage???

With oxygen tank in tow, I conquered Mt. Lottsaloadsoflaundry and am at a manageable mound.

Roo and I accosted the dangerous story problems dealing with money! And we spent the correct amount of change. Cha-ching!!! We also set up a good system to buzz right through all the worksheets that we need to accomplish.

Boo and I…well…we butted heads more than once. We are both grateful for his (much) older friend E who took him for a walk around the studio repeatedly Thursday so I could spend some grown-up time in conversation with E’s mom. E even allowed Boo to accompany him in the presence of some lovely young ladies. They were a charming pair—a 15 yo young man & a 7 yo imp. Boo had a good time. I got to speak sentences of less than five words (one of which always seems to be “NO!” or “WHY?”) and we made it home safely afterwards.

We are happy with the boys casting. They are in the same cast (we knew that would happen) and they get to have a “fight” of sorts on stage!! Cool!! Boo actually got the role that was Roo’s first (the “naughty boy”). So I should have a photo of them in the same costume by December. How sweet. I would be grateful for a windfall that will allow me to purchase said photos!

I am grateful for my father who called yesterday. I am grateful for my cat who sits on my lap and sinks his claws into my leg because he loves to snuggle me and I am grateful for my poochie who hunts my down when I have my face buried in pillows and shoves her head in my hand so I can pet her soft fur. She won’t let me hide very long if I am down.

What are you grateful for?

I have started my weeks off with Christine at Brady’s Bunch in gratitude for quite a while now, and must say it has been such a blessing. For Grains of Gratitude, I am grateful.

3 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie:
you know i am grateful for you friend and others who i consider special in my life :)

hope all goes well for you and hubby in his job changes, too.

please say a prayer for me. my back (old injury) is acting up today and very painful. it will pass eventually, it always does, but having a hard time with it today. every movement is slow and labored. thanks friend, kathleen :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie:
thanks for the prayers sweetie :) kathleen

ps. you are so awesome to me.

Coach J said...

OK, about adding names to your family. Did you think you might be pregnant? And now you're not? And, all those mixed emotions going on?
Congrats on the boys getting roles! I know you can't wait to see them in action--and I can't wait to see those pics! You will get that downfall you're hoping for-I gotta believe it! :)